Author: Liz Marsham
Genre: Picture Book, Fiction
Reading Level: Ages 4-6
This book is a Step 3 Step Into Reading book, which means it's designed for those beginning to read on their own. This means it has a simplified overall plot, but it's not overly simplified like the Step 2 Cars 3 book. While it does also cover the entire movie's plot, it keeps enough of it to not feel choppy and thus has a good flow that tells a complete story, which the Step 2 book somewhat lacked.
Overall this is a fun book for Cars fans whether they are beginning to read on their own or to read to/with those that aren't there, yet. In particular, it is nice that it mostly focuses on the relationship between Lightening and Cruz, which leads to them eventually reversing the roles as racer and trainer and really is probably the best aspect of the movie. The included collector cards at the back of the book also offer additional reading opportunities that can be a great way to engage some reluctant readers.
Types of Readers Book Might Appeal To & Multiple Intelligence Categories
- Cars fans
- Visual learners will enjoy the images that enhance the story, especially with the cars facial expressions. (Spatial-Visual)
- Cruz and Lightening training together provides a good example of working together and coming to understand each other (Interpersonal)
- The training and Cruz becoming a racer also provides an example of working towards goals. (Intrapersonal)
- Cars Coloring Pages - This site has coloring pages featuring many of the characters.
- Cars 3 Printable Maze
- Cars 3 Printable Memory Card Game
- Cars 3 Printable Spot the Difference
Subscribe below to be notified by e-mail when new reviews are posted.
Post a Comment