Genre: Picture Book
Reading Level: Ages 4 to 6
This book provides two different stories with one starting on each side of the book. In The Flower Mystery Minnie's daffodils are destroyed and in The Disappearing Dessert Minnie's brownies go missing at a party. The stand alone well, but they also go together well because they both feature mysteries.
The stories provide good examples of problem solving. This includes finding and following clues as well as using logic to eliminate suspects. It also does a good job of having the characters remaining open minded and believing the suspects are innocent until there is real proof of who did it.
Types of Readers Book Might Appeal To & Multiple Intelligence Categories
- Minnie Mouse fans
- Mystery lovers (Logical-Mathematical)
- The book provides examples of working together in that Minnie and her friends work together to solve the mysteries. (Interpersonal)
- Daffodil Egg Carton Craft
- Daffodil Pinwheel Craft
- Make Butterscotch Brownies like in The Disappearing Dessert
- Watch "Minnie's Mystery" episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Disney Minnie: My Colorful Closet
- Disney Minnie: Pretty in Pink - A Lift-the-Flap Book by Bill Scollon
- Disney Minnie: Flutter Bow Fun
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Minnie's Summer Vacation by Bill Scollon
Subscribe below to be notified by e-mail when new reviews are posted.