Author: Catherine Hapka
Genre: Fantasy, Picture Book
Reading Level: Ages 3 to 5
In Sofia's Cup of Tea, Sofia and Amber attend a tea party hosted by Lucinda the witch. Several things go wrong as Lucinda uses magic to try to make the tea party special, but in the end they learn that just spending time with each other is enough to make it an enjoyable experience.
Overall this is a good board book for Sofia the First fans, although there does seem to jump a little in the plot and would do well to have one more page to actually show Lucinda getting upset before Sofia is comforting here. The main highlight is the illustrations that do a great job of showing the variety of excitement and emotions in the story.
Types of Readers Book Might Appeal To & Multiple Intelligence Categories
- Fans of Sofia the First
- Those that enjoy having tea parties.
- The illustrations that display the action of the story and the characters' emotions can help enhance the experience for visual learners as well as the understanding others. (Spatial-Visual, Interpersonal)
- Pretty Paper Teapots Craft
- Sofia the First: Princess Wei Ling's Tea Party Paper Craft
- Sofia the First Recipe Cards Craft
- Sofia the First Tea for Too Many Coloring Page
- Sofia the First Tea Set Paper Craft
- Sofia's Royal Tea Party Sandwiches and Lettuce Cups
- Watch Sofia the First "Tea for Too Many" episode
- Sofia the First: Guess Who, Sofia! Book Review
- Sofia the First: The Royal Games by Catherine Hapka
- Sofia's Magic Lesson by Sarah Nathan
Subscribe below to be notified by e-mail when new reviews are posted.