Genre: Picture Book
Reading Level: Ages 4 to 6
Curriculum Subject: Art
My Colorful Closet is a fun interactive book about Daisy and Minnie trying out new clothes for summer as a rainy day activity. The plot itself is short and simple, but it has the added enjoyment of letting the reader decide what patterns to use for the different outfits by putting one of the ten different patterns in the slot on each page.
One potential negative of the book is that the patterns are somewhat limited with them being mostly pinks, purples, and yellows. However, you can easily make your own patterns to put in the slots using scrapbook paper or by designing your own on cardstock, which makes this book great for incorporating with art curriculum.
Types of Readers Book Might Appeal To & Multiple Intelligence Categories
- Fans of Minnie Mouse, especially those that like Minnie's Bow-Toons
- Those interested in fashion.
- The colorful scenes and patterns along with the animated character expressions can help draw in visual learners. (Spatial-Visual)
- The added interactiveness of physically changing the patterns for the outfits can help motivate those that like to learn through doing to read. (Bodily-Kinesthetic)
- Make Your Own Bow - At the end Minnie and Daisy are heading out in the rain in search of the perfect bow, so making your own with this printable is a great activity for after reading the book.
- Minnie Mouse Flip Flops Craft
- Minnie Mouse Paper Doll Dress Up Activity Set
- Disney Minnie: Pretty in Pink - A Lift-the-Flap Book by Bill Scollon
- Disney Minnie: Flutter Bow Fun
- Heuy, Dewey, and Louie's Rainy Day by Kate Ritchey
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Colors All Around by Sheila Sweeny Higginson
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Minnie's Summer Vacation by Bill Scollon
Subscribe below to be notified by e-mail when new reviews are posted.