Author: Gail Herman
Genre: Mystery, Fantasy
Reading Level: Ages 6 to 8
In Ariel: The Shimmering Star Necklace, Princess Ariel is helping a girl named Laurel practice for a concert. When Ariel shows up for their last rehersal on the day of the concert, she discovers that Laurel is missing. Ariel follows various leads and clues to ultimately get Laurel back in time for the concert.
Those that enjoy Ariel's adventures in the ocean will particular like that there are undersea parts in the book. There are also appearances by other characters from The Little Mermaid including a humorous exchange between Ariel and Scuttle.
Overall this is a simple chapter book, but it can still be a fulfilling read with it taking some effort for Ariel to discover what happened to Laurel. The book contains detailed colorful illustrations that not only help can make the book more appealing to reluctant readers, but also are part of the story, such as signs for the concert.
Types of Readers Book Might Appeal To & Multiple Intelligence Categories
- Fans of The Little Mermaid
- Those interested in music, especially singing, may relate to the concert aspect of the story. (Musical)
- Those that enjoy mysteries may be drawn in by the search for Laurel. (Logical-Mathematical)
- Visual learners may enjoyed the detailed illustrations and how at points they are part of the plot. (Spatial-Visual)
- Ariel Paper Doll Craft
- Ariel's Salt Dough Starfish Necklace Craft
- Colorful Sea Stars Craft
- Sandpaper Starfish Craft
- Spiraled Shell Necklace Craft
Subscribe below to be notified by e-mail when new reviews are posted.