Author: Lucy Rosen
Genre: Picture Books, Fantasy
Reading Level: Ages 4 to 8
Meet Zarina the Pirate Fairy is a Passport to Reading Level 1 book based on the upcoming Disney Fairies: The Pirate Fairy movie, which comes out on DVD and Blu-ray on April 1, 2014. This book is designed for reading together with beginning readers. It uses short words and simple sentence structures while still providing an entertaining plot.
Overall Meet Zarina the Pirate Fairy is a good introduction to the story behind one of the main characters of the movie. The ending is a little rushed with Zarina just suddenly giving in and deciding to go back home with the fairies, but it is appropriate to keep it short and the title makes it clear it is meant to introduce the story/character rather than tell it all. It might be fun to pair this with reading the chapter book to younger readers with this being one they can read to you and you read the chapter book to them.
Types of Readers Book Might Appeal To & Multiple Intelligence Categories
- Fans of the Disney Fairies
- The images presented at the beginning of the book along with the words for readers to look for in the story can help draw in visual learners. (Spatial-Visual)
- Those that are inquisitive and like to experiment may relate to Zarina's experimenting with pixie dust and making different colors of it. (Logical-Mathematical)
- Celery and Food Coloring Preschool Lesson Plan - Experiment like Zarina by making celery different colors.
- The Pirate Fairy Movie Activities - This page for the movie has some online games as well as activities such as making a magical pixie dust lamp, a connect-the-dots, and a coloring page.
- Zarina Peg Doll Craft
- Disney Fairies: The Pirate Fairy - The Chapter Book by Stacia Deutsch
- Disney Fairies Graphic Novel #3: Tinker Bell and the Day of the Dragon
Subscribe below to be notified by e-mail when new reviews are posted.
Post a Comment