Author: Sheila Sweeny Higginson
Genre: Picture Book, Fiction
Reading Level: Ages 3-5
Multicultural: Doc McStuffins is an African American girl.
Curriculum Subject: Health
In Caught Blue-Handed, Doc McStuffins finds mystery spots on Chilly and discovers it is spreading by touch. The book shows good problem solving with them going back over who Chilly touched to eventually discover what caused the blue spots. Even though it ends up being just paint, it still teaches about washing hands and preventing the spread of germs.
Caught Blue-Handed contains picture reading, which features images for some words within sentences. This makes it a good pick for those just starting to read.
Types of Readers Book Might Appeal To & Multiple Intelligence Categories
- Fans of Doc McStuffins
- The use of blue paint being spread around the toys provides a good visual for kids to learn about and better understand how germs can spread, especially for visual learners. (Spatial-Visual)
- Hand Washing Worksheets - This site has worksheets for different grade levels from Kindergarten to Grade 6. They are also available in Spanish and French.
- Watch the "Caught Blue-Handed" episode of Doc McStuffins
- Doc McStuffins: Loud Louie - This is picture reading book that teaches about using your indoor voice.
- Doc McStuffins: My Huggy Valentine - This is a picture book about sharing feelings.
- Guess Who, Doc! - This is a peek-a-boo style book featuring characters from Doc McStuffins.
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates: The Croc Takes the Cake Book - This is another picture reading book. It's about Hook's birthday.
Subscribe below to be notified by e-mail when new reviews are posted.