Author: Sheila Sweeny Higginson
Genre: Picture Book
Reading Level: Ages 3 to 6
Multicultural: Features a few references to Parisian/French culture and the French language
Curriculum Subject: Social Studies
In Minnie in Paris, Minnie is invited to provide the bows for the models at a fashion show in Paris. Her suitcase with her bows looks just like another passenger's (a penguin magician) and she doesn't realize she picked up the wrong one until she's at the hotel and bunnies escape when she opens the suitcase. Before she can warn her nieces to keep the room door shut, the bunnies get out leading them on an adventure to round them up while Daisy purchases ribbon to make new bows.
Overall this is a very interesting book, especially since it doesn't take the more expected route of solving the mix up by tracking down the penguin and rather takes a more unique and likely more practical approach. The inclusion of a few French words along with famous sites and popular things to enjoy in Paris can also make this a fun pick for a broader unit on French culture, language, and/or history.
Types of Readers Book Might Appeal To & Multiple Intelligence Categories
- Fans of Minnie
- Those interested in fashion.
- Those interested in Paris and/or France, especially if planning to visit.
- The characters dealing with the issues of losing the bows and the escaping bunnies provide good examples of problem solving. (Logical-Mathematical)
- The colorful and detailed illustrations add to the story, such as with Minnie's invitation, and help draw in visual learners. (Spatial-Visual)
- France Preschool Lesson Plan
- Mickey and Minnie in Paris Coloring Page
- Minnie Hair Bows Craft
- Minnie in Paris Duct Tape Handbag Craft
- Minnie in Paris Hairbow Headband Craft
- Popsicle Stick Eiffel Tower Craft
- Some French themed Preschool Lesson Ideas
Subscribe below to be notified by e-mail when new reviews are posted.