Author: Bill Scollon
Genre: Picture Book, Fiction
Reading Level: Ages 3 to 5
In Minnie's Summer Vacation, Minnie with some help from Toodles finds a way for Mickey, Goofy, Daisy, Pluto, Donald, and herself to all enjoy their chosen summer activities together. The simple plot and repetition make this book a good read for beginning readers, especially during the summer when it can be easy to forget to work on/retain reading skills. The focus on outdoor summer activities can also make it a good way to inspire some outdoor play.
Types of Readers Book Might Appeal To & Multiple Intelligence Categories
- Fans of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Those that enjoy outdoor activities, especially the ones featured in the book (fishing, hiking, swimming, swinging, digging). (Bodily-Kinesthetic)
- The use of illustrations to show the different activities the characters choose can be helpful for visual learners. (Spatial-Visual)
- Make a photo album or scrapbook of your own summer activities like Minnie photographs her friends in the book.
- Make and Play Mickey's Go Gooey Fish Card Game
- Toodles Craft/How to Draw
Subscribe below to be notified by e-mail when new reviews are posted.