Author: Brittany Candau
Genre: Fiction, Picture Book
Reading Level: Ages 6 to 8
The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Fully Charged is a World of Reading: Level 2 reader (Kindergarten to Grade 2). The plot focuses on Spider-Man having to deal with a new villain named Electro. This book provides a good paced simple story line that can make it a great pick for reluctant readers that are fans of superheros like Spider-Man. As a nice bonus there are also two pages of stickers inside the book.
Overall this is a well-done reader with illustrations that can help draw in reluctant readers. It is also nice that it has a simple plot that is not oversimplified. Yes, there is clearly parts of the upcoming movie not in the book, but Fully Charged chooses to focus on the villain and creates a reasonably complete plot, especially for a short picture book.
Types of Readers Book Might Appeal To & Multiple Intelligence Categories
- Fans of Marvel superheros, especially Spider-Man
- The colorful illustrations nicely detail the action of the plot, which can help draw in visual learners. (Spatial-Visual)
- Electricity Lesson Plan for Grades 3 to 5
- Elementary Electricity Lesson Plan for Grades 1 to 5
- Spider-Man Coloring Pages
Subscribe below to be notified by e-mail when new reviews are posted.