Author: Sheila Sweeny Higginson
Genre: Picture Book
Reading Level: Ages 3 to 5
Curriculum Subject: Art
Colors All Around is a flap and tab style board book featuring Mickey and friends from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Each page features a color and all except the last set of pages have a flap to flip open. For each color there are rhyming lines of text about the character featured finding objects of that color.
Overall this is a fun book for fans of Mickey Mouse and friends. It can also be useful for teaching colors. For those that know colors they may still learn something new from the information under the flaps being about mixing colors to make other colors and how you cannot make the primary colors.
Types of Readers Book Might Appeal To & Multiple Intelligence Categories
- Fans of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Those that are interested in colors and/or art may find this book interesting, especially how it illustrates mixing colors under the flaps. (Spatial-Visual)
- Those that like to touch things may enjoy flipping the flaps to discover about mixing colors. (Bodily-Kinesthetic)
- Color By Number Coloring Pages - These can be a fun way to practice numbers and colors. Just a few found online include this one with birds, a Disney Planes one, and a Lilo & Stitch one.
- Color Mixing Preschool Lesson Plan
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Printables - Practice using different colors with one of the many coloring pages available here.
Subscribe below to be notified by e-mail when new reviews are posted.