Author: Random House Disney
Genres: Picture Books, Counting Books
Reading Level: Ages 0-5
Curriculum Subject: Math
Olaf's 1-2-3 is a fun counting book featuring the characters from Disney's Frozen. The book is written form Olaf the snowman's point of view as he encourages the readers to count with him.
The board book and tactual aspect of glitter creating a texture around various objects (mostly the snow) on the pages make it great for the youngest readers. Note that some children may find the glitter texture a turnoff because it is bumpy and slightly scratchy.
As it encourages the reader to count the objects on the pages, it is also good for readers learning to count. The counting flows along with a simple plot of Olaf and Sven the reindeer going in search of a snack, which can also make this a good fit for early independent readers.
Types of Readers Book Might Appeal To & Multiple Intelligence Categories
- Those that identify with the friendship between Olaf and Sven. (Interpersonal Intelligence)
- Animal and reindeer lovers (Naturalistic Intelligence)
- Those that like to touch and feel different textures like the bumpy glitter. (Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence)
- Visual learners that like seeing what is being discussed including the number of the items counted. (Spatial-Visual Intelligence)
Activities for Further Learning and Fun
- Olaf Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- Olaf Summer Coloring Page Printable
- Olaf and Sven Tic Tac Snow Game Craft